Tuesday, October 31, 2006

This person comes in the computer lab and what to print her paper, the conversation is as follows:

me: "what program did you use to write your paper"

person: "windows"

me: "no, what word processing program did you write your paper in"

person: " i have aol"

me: "did you use ms word to type your paper?"

person: "yes"

So I bring up the document in ms word(2003) and it interoperates the document as a text file, which means that it was NOT a ms document but some other file format. So some of the characters in the document are converted to nonsence ascii characters , and the person asked me "why is my document like this?" So I told her " you did not use ms word, but you used a different word processing program, so you have to retype part of your paper, and then reformat your paper," but I was nice.

Life in the 21st Century .

No comments: