Saturday, November 04, 2006

What is the nature of time? I have been thinking about time again and what is the relationship between the speed of light and gravity. When the speed of light or close to the velocity of light is achieved time passes more slowly, strong gravitational field has the same effect on time. In the presence of strong gravity, like a black hole, time also slows down. Why is time effected that way? Why is time not a constant? Why is time not like the speed of light? Why is time relative to the observer?

Einstein was the first person to start thinking about space-time, and the warping of space time by gravity. I have always wondered if you can warp space with gravity like space was warped in Dune. I have wondered if you can trade "the spice" for "gravity" and then bend space or fold space using gravity. I read a book a long time ago that wrote about experiments that the Navy was conducting using huge electo magnetics on ships and then passing the ships through the magnetic field, strange things happened to the ship and the people. That is about all I remember of the book. The warping of space-time is also the idea behind "Star Trek" the warp engines "warp space," thus the Star Ship is able to traveling faster then light. Maybe the relationship that time has between speed and gravity is space itself; resulting in the term space-time. I am only speculating , I am no expert, just thinking about what all the physics books said that I have read over time.

10 comments:

DLJ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DLJ said...

2001: A Space Odeyssey was on TCM last night - didn't watch it because I missed the beginning of it. Never have seen it - What is it about - the only thing I know about it is the theme music.

Hey, I used the italics successfully - now I am ready to understand HTML - oh, Arleeeen ....

IncaRunner_6 said...

Good, now go to google and type in "HTML tutorial" and you will learn HTML. Soooooo easy.

2001 is about this and that. Then the story takes a turn when that happens. The ending is really neat, because this really turns out to be that when you thought it was going to be this, never saw that coming. Remember take the green pill.

DLJ said...

Hey, what happened to my italics?

DLJ said...

Thanks you have been soooo helpful - with answers like that, no wonder you have so many questions!

AJ said...

Hey, what happened to my italics?

Where did you put them? Could you see it as italics at first?

DLJ said...

They were there when I first published and now they are gone. Someone at Blogger has been editing your blog, Inca!!

DLJ said...

Take the green pill - I have 5 children, I don't need to take a green pill!!!

DLJ said...

I was just looking at your roster and your transactions in the Fantasy Football - Warner is not the starter in Arizona - it is Leinhart. You need to drop Ratliff from your defense and bench your starting RB's and play your benched RB's. Also, look for another kicker and TE - there is not much in the TE's but there is someone better than who you have. There are better kickers. I won't tell anyone.

If you don't want to play anymore, give me your password, and I will manage it for you.

IncaRunner_6 said...

I will keep on playing, I just forgot to change things last week. Taking 3 classes this semister is taking a lot of time. I have been looking for different players, but there is not a whole bunch to choose from. I am 9-0 in the HCC league.

I am not sure how time relates to quantum mechanics. I know that because of quantum mechanics that parallel realities are predicted.