Saturday, October 28, 2006

What would my life be like if Robert would have been born? I have been thinking of the implications of that for a few days now, and I have arrived at some conclusions. If you have ever read the bith order book you know that the order in which you were born has a direct impact on your personality, and how you percieve the world. If Robert had lived the result would have been Hogrider would have replaced Blackwolf, then would have come Blackwolf, then Autotuner, but no MM-- I guess, not sure were the mother hen would have stopped laying egges. I think that there was another egg that did not hatch, but I am not sure were in the order of the hatching of the eggs that was.

On of the reasons that I do not mind being on my own, and the job that I do (I fit the IT personality traits, and why I desire to be an astrophysist) I believe is because I am the first born. The first born is the first in the world which results in the independence ( and to me I am a loner to a certain extent and I am not bothered by that.) of the person. Plus, the desire to do anything on my own, not relying on anybody for help.

Wikipedia
"The first born child will receive expectations and responsibilites from his or her parents. Because of this, many firstborns are in danger of acquiring perfectionistic or people-pleasing behaviors. On a more optimistic note, proponents of birth-order theory state that firstborns tend to be quite confident, controlling, diligent, mature and achievement oriented. Not all firstborns are over-achievers, but even the most laid-back firstborn is clearly guided by a need to do the right thing and strives to make a difference in society."

Anyways if I was the second born, then my personality would be modified to fit the second born in the birth order. The personality trait of a second born or middle child is:

"The classic middle-born is very relational, tends to be a people-pleaser and usually hates confrontation. Their basic need is to keep life smooth and their motto might be 'peace at any price'. They are usually very calm, will roll with the punches and are amiable, down-to-earth and great listeners. They are skilled at seeing both sides of a problem and eager to make everybody happy. That makes them good mediators and negotiators."

I have a hard time seeing both sides of the problem, but if I was the second child I guess my outlook on life would be different. I do have some of the traits of a second born though. I would probably not be working in computers( a loner job to a certain extent), and not wanting to understand the universe( the desire to be an astrophysicist). There is a part of me that wishes I had an older brother, but at the same time I am comfortable with who I am, and happy with my life.

No comments: