Sunday, June 18, 2006

I still do not really understand why the population of the world is so large. We have recorded history for about 5000 to 6000 years, so man has been on the earth for some time now. Is it that because of the modern world that we are able to produce excess food and then ship it to other countries which then equalls population growth? I know that people are starving in other countries, but what is driving the population growth of the world? India has 1.1 billion people, China 1.3 billion people. I know that I blogged about population growth about China, but I am not satisfied with my answer. Here in the US we have no population control yet the population does not seemed to be overwelming problem as China is facing. Why from the 1800's to the present has the population increased to 7.1 billion people? Why was there not this population growth 4000 years ago? Man has been on the earth for a long time, what has made the difference between population growth now and then? I guess one difference is medicine, we have inoculations for various diseases, maybe understanding how to combat situations like the plague has driven up the worlds population. Just thinking.

No comments: