Friday, June 09, 2006

I listen to the The Bear a lot at work, and even though I have not lived in Edmonton for some years now when the radio station starts talking about Sherwood Park I find myself thinking that I still live there. Just for a second or two, and then I realize that I am in Florida. The radio station will start giving traffic reports, or just start talking about places that are familiar to me and for a few seconds I am transported back -- it is a strange but familiar feeling. Growing up I think that Edmonton was one of my best times in my life. It was fun, and I loved it and I knew how good of time it was. I love my room, and my cat. There were a lot of times that I stayed up all night reading, or watching movies with my cat. Hanging out with Randy was great fun, since he had the car; we were gone a lot to Edmonton hanging around with some girls that we knew from another church. When I would take off for the weekend I used to ask dad for $2.00; that was all I needed for a Big Mac, fries, and a strawberry milkshake. I have been working out so I do not eat as many big Mac’s as I used too, but I still love big Mac’s.

No comments: