Saturday, July 15, 2006

When I was about 12 years old (I think), I made a promise to myself that I would never stop watching cartoons, and I have kept that promise to myself. I still love watching cartoons ( watched Batman this morning), and as my kids grew up I watched cartoons with them and loved every minute of it. I used to watch "He Man", "Nija Turtles", "Transformers", "Bugs Bunny", "Spiderman", and "X-Men", all the cool cartoons with my kids, not anymore(they are older now), I watch them by myself now. What started me thinking about cartoons and how I have always felt about them is that last night we went to the move,"Pirates of the Caribbean" and there had a preview for the new Transformer movie, I can hardly waite for the movie. I have always love the Transformers; Autobots, and Decepticons, my favorite Autobot was always Optimus Prime, he as always wise , patient, and concerned about the innocent people that were always caught in the middle of the conflict between the Autobots and Decepticons. I remember one year for Christmas we bought the oldest son "Optimus Prime," I am not sure who was more excited, if I was more excited buying it for him, and showing him how you transformed from a robot to 18 wheeler, or my son unwrapping it on Christmas and seeing the excited look on his face that he had a Transformer.

I do not think that is right that to watch the old cartoons like "Bugs" that a person needs cable TV, because the cartoons that are on Saturday morning are really sad. I miss watching Bugs, watching Bugs is like watching the old Star Trek shows, I never get tired of watching the reruns.

No comments: