Thursday, September 14, 2006

I remember reading books 15 or 20 years ago that were of a controversial nature in the sceintific world. The present book that I am reading now the author writes about the meterite that collided with the earth about 65 million years ago which resulted the destruction of the dinasours, and changing the earth's climate. The author anaylsis of all the evidence (geological and fossil ) that has been gathered over the last 20 years and now the theory is not so controversial anymore, but it is still debated by sceintist. I first read about this theory when we were in Alaska, I bought the book through the Quality Paperback Book Club which me and Lily had joined.

The "Continental Drift Theory" was another subject that I read about and at the time the sceintist were debating if the earth( plate tectonics) really existed, and were the continents really joined together in the distance past of the earth. Now a person can read about the theory and it is treated like a fact. I remember reading these books and feeling like I was on verge of some scientific discovery because I was reading the newest theories being but forth by the scientific community.

I still feel that way when I read books on new theories, like the newest books on "string theory" which deals with the basic building blocks of matter(atoms). There was a great program on PBS called "The Elegant Universe", the material is presented in such a way that a person does not need to be a scientist to understand, you only need to be curious of the universe and how it operates to be able to watch this show. I can hardly waite until until I take a quantum theory/ mechanics class at USF, that will be cool.

3 comments:

DLJ said...

Hey, how do you do the hyperlinks?

IncaRunner_6 said...

This shows you basic HTML to create hyper links.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

DLJ said...

How do you do hyper's in this blog - you tell me - don't link me!!!!!