Saturday, May 09, 2009

Microsoft did it Again

Internet Explorer 8.0 is out now to be downloaded if you want it -- NOT. Microsoft in it's infinate wisdom has IE 8.0 as a critical download, having IE 8.0 is not critical to the operation of Windows at least in my opinion. I have programs that I run in my various computer labs that require a browser, but not IE 8.0, if IE 8.0 downloads then my programs will not work. WebCT which many Universities and Colleges utilize for various academic programs is not compatable with IE 8.0. HCC has Bigfix (a program to push updates ) but it is not run all the time, so I have configured my computers to download Windows updates automatically so that way my computer labs are up to date with the lates Win updates. I just do not understand why MS is pushing out IE 8.0 like this, it just screws things up. I would like to know who the Idiot in Charge is at MS!

3 comments:

DLJ said...

Hey - any simple helps to get my computer to run faster. It will take 5 minutes to Turn Off and a good 7 minutes to Restart. I have 13 gig free of 140. 1 gig RAM - 1.7 ghz - running Vista - any help - I know you'll probably need some more info

IncaRunner_6 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
IncaRunner_6 said...

I would reformat the hard drive, and then reload the operating system, and then up the ram to 2 gigs. From what you discribe I think that is the only to fix your problem.