Saturday, May 16, 2009

God's Plan for My Life

Since I have stop believing that there is a personal God to direct my life, nothing has changed in my life; still the same problems to deal with, but I am a happier person. When I look back over my life when I believed that God was directing my life, I think that God's so called "plan for my life" just sucks. If it was God's plan to get laid off from 3 different jobs; I do not want that plan, that sucks. If it was God's plan to get asthma, I say again; I hate that plan, I do not want to have asthma. If it is God's plan to have a daughter with a mental disorder; I do not want that plan, I say again that plan sucks. God made our DNA, and since a persons genes can be predisposed to certain diseases, let me tell you that is a great plan, really that means God is making you sick since He created your DNA. Great plan -- NOT.

2 comments:

DLJ said...

Just some thoughts - I am sorry that you feel this way. I guess I am on the other side seeing all the incredible things God has done in spite of "bad" things.
I have to echo with Job - the Lord and given and the Lord has taken away - Blessed be the name of the Lord!
My life certainly hasn't been a bed of roses but I have chosen to remain faithful to Him.

Sometimes things only appear to be bad. God blesses those whom He loves by using difficulties to mature them.
God uses affliction as a tool to "clean-up" His people. --Psalm 119:67, 71, 75; Romans 5:3-5; and James 1:2-4.) Because we do not see God’s hand working behind the scenes, we sometimes assume that bad things have happened. In such cases, "bad" things are really good things. They are blessings in disguise.

It is like the small child who receives a shot from a doctor: because of their lack of understanding, the child thinks the shot is a bad thing with no benefits.But the child is wrong: the shot is a good thing that will be beneficial in the long run.

Now, this is not to equate all your "bad" things as just a shot, but just an illustration. We have a family on the mission field born with Downes Syndrome and again the question of "why" comes up. Jody's dad is dealing now with colon cancer after two bouts multiple-myloema cancer - again the question of "why" - Jody's sister's pastor's g-daughter(got that?) has brain cancer - 9 years old - weeks to live! WHY? the girl has come to grips with the realization that she will die in a couple of weeks, but she is trusting in the Lord and has said if God can use this to bring people to him - blessed by Him name.

I guess it comes down to what we chose to do and how to chose to live our lives. I know that God loves you - still has an incredible plan for your life and will continue to love you - there is nothing that can make Him love you anymore or any less.

DLJ said...

So what do you believe will happen to you after you die? dirt? heaven? hell? nirvana?