Saturday, February 17, 2007

You say that you were offended at my post what I commented on the DNA makeup of Jesus. Then you tell me what was the genetic make up of Jesus. It is said that Jesus was divine, but still human in His nature. From a DNA, genetic viewpoint I do not understand how that can be true. DNA (chromosomes) has to male and female parts to the DNA makeup of man. There two parts to male and female DNA:

1. female --mitochondrial DNA : the DNA sequence is so small that it has virually remain unchain and had not undergoing mutations

2. male -- the y-chromosome has gone through mutations because it is much larger then the mitochonrial dna that comes from a woman's dna. The mutations( or the changes that the chromosome undergoes by being copied) in the y-chomosome is called "polymorphisms."

My point is Jesus did not have a y-chromosome since it was an virgin birth. I have heard preached in the various churches that I have been that Jesus was conceived by the "Holy Spirit" and that Jesus was a purfect human being, but He was God. Since human male y-chromosomes which has undergoing polymorphism was not in His body(which is human); what does that mean?

3 comments:

DLJ said...

Where did the first Y-Chromosome come from?

Was it Eve?

Where did Eve come from?

God made her from the rib of Adam.

Apparently, God had some Y-Chromosomes somewhere and He gave them to Eve.

I am sure that if He had some at the creation of the earth, that He had some 4000 years later when the "Holy Spirit came upon Mary."

Again, this is from someone that believes the Bible - that is my foundation. I don't have to know how God actually did it - He's is God - He created the world complete - out of nothing - there was no cosmic ooze that He fashioned stuff together.

If He can create the world, a little Y-chromo is no problem.

DLJ said...

I slept on my last comment and realized that it didn't make sense as to what you said and what you asked.

You are right. Jesus was 100% man - in every way and He as 100% God - in every way. Now, how is that possible to still only be 100% and not 200%. I don't know. But He is God and I just accept it.

I am not a scientist - never thought about it. You might Google it and see what happens.

I guess it is my weak, unscientific, unfactual, believe-anything, crutch of faith that I fall back on.

It's not the point, for me - the Bible says that His death on the cross was good enough to satisfy payment for my sin debt. If someone pays my bills, I don't have to know what his education is and what denomination of bills were used to pay the bill.

DLJ said...

You know, I continued to think about it and the reasoning of my first comment is still true. If God created Adam and Eve (which He did) - basically out of nothing - some dust and a bone - then I think that Jesus did have a Y-Chromo but it wasn't a morphing one - but rather it was perfect like Adam originally had.