Monday, April 02, 2007





I was friends with Ken through hockey, that is how we met. I am not sure why Mom and Dad became good friends with the Rudlands, but because Mom and Dad became good friends with them , me and Ken became better friends. Once the Rudlands moved to Sherwood Park, me and Ken hung around together at school. We also had a few jobs together; we worked together at Maid Marions( we had a lot of fun there, great eating), and we also worked at Bonanza( we had ice fights late a night there).

Then there was the year that I lived with Mr. and Mrs. Rudland, Ken and Vivian. One thing that I remember best about Viv was that she bought the "Saturday Night Fever" record, and everytime me and Ken came home from school were heard a million times; you know it--- The Beegees. Viv does not remember this, but I dooooooooo. Me and Ken came home for lunch sometimes, and what did we eat?????? Macarroni and Cheese!!! He would eat box, and I would eat box. Even now when I make a box Mac and Cheese I still think about those times that we would eat lunch together. That year was also when we started to make goofy noises together, it was goofy, but we injoyed and laugh together.

Then there was the trip to Arizona, and for whatever reason Mr. Rudland was drinking and driving, and Mr. Rudland did not were he was going. I think that we were looking for Mom and Dad, that is were we were going to meet. Anyways me and Ken were on the top part of the camper watching the road, and cutting up, joking around, singing "Airazonnna" I still sing "Airazonna," no one in my family really knows why I am singing that, but it creates a warm place in my heart; it makes me think of Ken and all the fun we had together growing up.

There are many more memories, but as I write this, these are the memories that stand out as I reflect back to my life in Canada. See you later Ken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This is Ken Rudland's daughter Alex. I'm the middle child and out of curiosity I just typed in my dad's name to google and this website came up. Who are you? It never tells your name except Inca_Runner. I just wanted to say thank you for writing about my dad. I loved him..

IncaRunner_6 said...

I am Randy, me and your father grew up together, we played hockey together, worked together. Ask your Aunt Viv about me, she can tell you who I am or ask Mrs. Rudland. I also lived with your Dad and Aunt Viv for a year, during my last year in High School. Me and your dad always had fun together. Even though I am here in Florida, and have not seen your dad in a long time, I will still miss him. Mrs. Rudland always talks to my mother, and from my mother I always knew what was going on with Viv and Ken.

Is there anything eles you want to know?