Sunday, January 07, 2007

I do not understand why Microsoft in their wisdom decided to make IE 7 an update, why? Not all web based software will not work with IE7 until the software is updated by what ever software package that you are using. In my computer labs at HCC I have a number of web software programs that use IE as a portal for their software package, and my main program will not be updated until this summer. There are a number of other community colleges and universities using the same math program as I use in my labs so they have the same problem as I do. It would also be reasonable to assume that there are business out there have the same problem that I have about using IE that whatever they are doing that IE7 will not work for them either. So why is IE7 an update? Why make a program that does not work with all web based software, and make the decision to make the program downloadable through the update process so that potentially a person not knowing what they are doing could screw up a number of higher education institutions and businesses? What is Microsoft doing and why?

No comments: