Monday, April 06, 2009

Dell Technical Help

On all Dell computers there is a service tag number ( 7 alphanumeric numbers) and a express service tag number ( it is about 7 or 9 digits long ) and the express service tag number is used to route your call to the right type of support. I do not know all the classisfications of support but the college purchases "gold support" when HCC buys computers. The last few times that I have called tech support the phone system has routed me to the wrong tech support level after listening to elevator music for 10 to 20 minutes and transfered to the right tech support and then another 10 or 15 minutes on hold. This last time I had to call tech support I was routed again to the wrong support level and the phone computer tech told me that he was going to transfer me to the right level of support, but I said "Stop, I do not care what level you are just tell my what I need to know to fix my current problem." He promply responded," I can not do that because I am not gold support." I said again, " You have the answer and I do not care, just tell me what I need to know." He said, "I cannot do that I have route you to gold support." While this is going on a I am thinking to myself, "Kilye, this is soooo stupid that he will not tell me what I need to know because to what? Someone ( big Dell brother, all calls are monitored by some Dell person ) is listening to the call?" In the end I said, "Ok" and then I was put on hold listening to elevator music for some time until the "gold support guy" came on the phone.

No comments: