Saturday, August 11, 2007

I had a friend in Grande Prairie that I always played chess with in school. His name was Wayne Showalter, and we always had a great time playing chess, he beat me more that I beat him, but by playing him so much it made me good. When I played other players I usually won. I remember the one chess game where I was getting wiped of the map and then I saw my chance, I scarfice my queen, and by doing the I created a trap for my opponent and I won; such a great feeling-- defeating someone on the chess board. I miss playing chess, I have tried playing over the internet, but it is not the same.

Anyways back to my story, last year I was looking through my yearbooks, and I came accross Wayne's picture, so I decided to "google" Wayne's name to see if I could find him. I came accross a Wayne Showalter, but I was not sure if that was him, but for whatever reason I dropped my search. Then this past Mondy I thought of Wayne again, so I decided to find Wayne's email address and email Wayne so see if this was the Wayne that I played chess with in school. End of the story, it was him. It has been about 35 years since I have seen Wayne, the net is cool.

No comments: