Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Window Vista -- Even though a profile can be set up as an administrator, that does not mean you are an administrator and that can do anything to the operating system. Microsoft in their wisdom decided not to give the user as an adminstrator full access to the operating system to configure as the user wishes or desires. I am thinking about either loaded XP on my laptop or Linux. I can do everything free with Linux, plus Linux comes with a compiler, you can not beat that.

I really do not understand why Microsoft configured Vista so an administrator does not have full control of the operating system, other then Microsoft has decided that users are idiots and to keep their bloated operating system operating, this way keeps users from trashing Vista. There is a way to create a administrator profile and to do that, a user has get into "safe mode," then bring up the command promt and say;" net use andministrator / admin" ( I think, I am going have to google that again), anyways then an admin account is created. I thought "fine" I can now configure my laptop for PHP, but even after creating the admin account it still did not give me full access to the operating system. I still could not configure the ISS file because even as logged as an admin I still did not have the rights to modify the file. I could call Microsoft, but they want 59.00 for 1/2 hour. Why should I have to pay Microsoft money to tell me how to configure their stupid operating system when they are the ones that locked users out out by default, and then keep it a secret. Then Microsoft wonders why people are mad and then look for alteratives to Microsoft.

No comments: