Monday, May 29, 2006

I grew up reading comics, my favorite comic was "The Amazing Spiderman", and he was and is my hero. I always identified with him, Spidy was a loner, people did not always understand him, and he had a difficult time with the girls. I also like it that Spidy was always wise cracking when he was fighting the "villains" or J. Jonah Jamison. I am a first born so my personality is reflected in that fact, I do not mind being alone or on my own, and I desire solitude at times. That is one reason why I run; I am totally alone when I run. I also liked that Peter was a scientist or nerd; I thought it was cool that he could understand complex scientific concepts. I have always been interested in science and the thought of being a scientist has always appealed to me.

When I ETS’s out of the Army and I started to take classes not really knowing what I wanted to do with my life( even though I have always love computers) I remember seeing some math classes Calc I, Calc II, and Calc III. I did not understand really what kind of math classes they were, just that I had this instinctive desire to take them, and since then I have developed great love for math. Math is cool; thru math the universe is understandable and definable. Force = mass x acceleration. Even though I am older, I am still that kid that could hardly wait for the next month Spiderman comic book. I have decided to become an astrophysicist, that feels right.

No comments: