Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Photons

Photons are massless and travel at the speed of light; approx 186,ooo miles per second. Since photons travel at the speed of light, time = 0 in reference to the photon. I have been wondering if you were on a photon would you be aware of the velocity that you are traveling at. What I mean -- velocity = distance / time. If time = 0, then your velocity = ??? well I guess your velocity would be undefined since you can not divide by zero. From the perspective of the earth it takes light approx 8.5 mins to reach the earth, so the photon has a velocity relative to the earth, but what of the photon it's self? how does the photon perceive it's self? If you were on top of a photon would you be aware of motion? and how would you perceive the universe?

9 comments:

DLJ said...

Merry Christmas!

While you are wondering about photons - can you please send me my DVD.

DLJ said...

Hey, do you think you can send me my DVD?

DLJ said...

I leave on the 16th of January - do you think I could have my DVD before then?

DLJ said...

Any progress on sending my DVD to me?

IncaRunner_6 said...

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 3030 0002 6638 5708
Status: Delivered

Your item was delivered at 1:41 PM on December 28, 2007 in LONGVIEW, TX 75605.

Look before jumping.

DLJ said...

I have been asking and looking for the last year.

So sorry for jumping!

DLJ said...

I guess in all your haste to mail my DVD, you forgot to enclose my Christmas greeting card - or is it Holiday greeting card?

IncaRunner_6 said...

There you go thinking again, "stop," speak to the hand.

"NO card for you" or "No soup for you."

I think I hear your mommy calling you. You better go in now.

I wish I had my "MTV."

Wish upon a star.

IncaRunner_6 said...

What? No comments from the peanut gallary?